Ir al contenido principal

A PLACE I VISITED WHEN I WAS A CHILD



ESSAY


A place I visited in my childhood

Source: Write & Improve (Intermediate Level) between 180- 200 words approx. 


Write about a place you visited when you were a child. Answer these questions:

Where did you go?
When did you go?
What happened?


Have you ever heard about the best roller coaster in Germany? It was fifteen years ago that my parents and I visited the town of my granny. I remember her old television showing Europa's Park advertising the last day. I was deeply enganged and fortunately there was no plan already thought with my family that day. Therefore, I begged my parents to allow me to go with my two cousins, Lucy and Jake,

At arriving at such an amazing park, we had to experience the longest queue I've ever seen. However, those never-ending hours of waiting became really worth once we entered the park and saw the stunning variety of games. I let the best one for the end, the roller coaster called "the snake".

When we finally decided to get in the snake, I realized that all the seats came in a couple. So I sat with a beautiful blonde barbie girl. We had a wonderful time together because she enjoyed watching me scared and took my hand in order to make me feel relaxed.

After all these years, I've never imagined that I've met the love of my life and the mother of my two little twin sons. She never noticed that I was pretending to be scared.  





What about you? Do you dare to tell me your story?


PD You can invent it. Of Course!







Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

"The Big Bang Theory" (Present Simple)

Look at the photo below. Do you know this TV show? Can you name any of these characters? 1) Read the text. Then answer the questions. 1) Which characters in the show work together? 2) Which characters live together? 3) Can you name any other TV shows about friends?  2) Now, Complete the sentences about The Big Bang Theory. Use the Present Simple affirmative form of the verbs below. like/live/visit/watch/work  a) Millions of people _______ the show regularly. b) Sheldon _______ in a flat with Leonard. c) Raj and Howard _______ with Sheldon and Leonard. d) Raj and Howard _______ Sheldon and Leonard regularly. e) In general, people _______ shows about groups of friends. __________________________________ LOOK OUT! - Some verbs change spelling when you add -s for the third person singular form. I go  She go es   You watch  He watch es They study   She stud ies   - The verb have is irregular. We have  It has ___

"Family members" (Possessive)

Family I can talk about family members. 1) Put the family members below into three groups : a) female b) male c) male or female aunt  brother child/ children cousin daughter  father (dad) grandchild/ grandchildren  granddaughter grandfather (grandad) grandmother (granma) grandparent  grandson husband mother (mum) nephew niece parent sister son uncle wife TO LEARN!_____________________________ a) We add 's to a name or noun to show possession or a family relationship. e.g, my cousin's husband. b) We just add an appostrophe (´) to plural nouns ending in -s e.g, my parents' friends    but his children's school __________________________________________________________________________ 2 ) Read TO LEARN! box. Then complete the sentences, adding possessive 's and the correct family member. 1) Harry is Tom's son. 2) Martin is Tom____________. 3) Nathan and Rosie are Sophie ____________. 4) Harry is Liz ________

"Summer Camp"

1) Listen to a young woman talking about a summer camp she has visited. Choose the correct answer.    1) Holly’s already been to ClubCamp ___. a) once b) twice c) three times 2) Holly thinks ClubCamp is special because of ___. a) its location b) the weather it gets  c) the things on offer there 3) Holly has enjoyed ___ most so far. a) the social activities b) the sporting activities c) the practical activities 4) Holly says that ___ come from other countries. a) only some students b) a few teachers c) both students and teachers 5) Holly explains that ClubCamp serves ____. a) mostly food made from fresh ingredients b) food that's unsuitable for vegeterians c) too much junk food Answers 1.B 2.C 3.A 4.C 5.A